Pages

Twisted Dino Sunshine Card


Hey Rabbit Hole Crafters! Justin here, and I'm back again with another card using some of my favorite The Rabbit Hole Designs Products!

This card uses the Caffeinated-Dino Stamp Set, along with the Twisted Sunshine Stencil!

I was inspired to make this card by all the colorful citrus fruits out there, and definitely wanted to use those colors with both my Dino and the stenciled background!

I always start with coloring up my image first with my alcohol markers. Because I was using the citrus colors of Green, Yellow and Orange, I wanted to use those colors for my dinosaur! So I made my dino green, his mug yellow, and his slippers orange. One item of the Caffeinated Critters I've had a lot of fun with is their eyes. I've really been trying to use a color you don't find anywhere else on the project, so their eye sticks out. For this guy, I went with a light blue!

After cutting my Caffeinated Dino out, I started to work on my background. I cut a piece of white cardstock down to 4" x 5.25. I adhered the Twisted Sunshine Stencil with a light tack adhesive so my stencil stayed in place. Next, I came up with a pattern for the order of my colors, just to add a bit of cohesiveness to the card instead of a random order.

I used a torn up post-it note to mask each individual partial circle, and used my blending brushes to blend the respective ink color. I then repeated until the entire panel was covered!

I used a stitched scalloped die to cut out a respective scalloped circle from a yellow wood-print paper. I adhered that to the center of my stenciled panel.

I matted my stenciled pattern on an A2-sized orange wood-print-patterned paper.

I trimmed down a sentiment strip on white cardstock, matted it with leftover yellow wood print paper, and stamped my sentiment in green.

I adhered my sentiment and dino on foam tape. To finish the project, I placed green and orange enamel dots for some extra embellishment. And that's how I made my card!

I used the following products to create this project:



For more inspiration with your The Rabbit Hole Designs Creations, be sure to follow along at these other locations:

For more details about products used in this post, you may also follow along at my personal blog, Just a Note by Justin, as well!

I hope this citrus-filled card sparked some fun ideas for your future projects, and maybe sparked a craving for orange juice or lemonade! 

Thanks for reading, and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment