Pages

You Donut Know How Much I Love a Midnight Snack Card


Hey Rabbit Hole Crafters! Justin here and I'm super excited to share with you this fun creation I made using the More Than Donuts set, paired with the Circles and Stars stencil!

I knew I wanted to make something with this adorable, donut-loving squirrel, but wanted to get a little bit of inspiration. While thumbing through my stencils, I came across the Circle and Dots stencil and thought it would be fun to create a night time scene with it, giving a little bit of a backstory that this squirrel must have woken up for a midnight snack, and decided to munch on a purple donut (because I would totally do this too)!

First, I colored my More Than Donuts squirrel up with some warm gray alcohol markers. I used some longer marker brush "flicks" on the tail to make it look bushy, and not flat. I also used a light blue green marker on top of the gray inside the glasses, and then used some clear glossy gel to make the glasses 3D. I also used some violet markers for the frosting, earthy brown colors for the donut itself, and used some purple gems and white gel pen markers to make donut sprinkles.

For my background, I ink-blended with brushes a purple night sky, going from a light purple, to mid purple, to dark blue to black. I really love to make non-traditional sky colors, because they're a little more striking than your standard blue sky. I then took my Circles and Stars stencil, adhered it with some light tack spray to my purple night sky panel, and used a champagne colored metallic gel over the top to get some pretty and shiny dots and stars in my night sky! Always remember that when applying a gel to your stencil to A) remove the stencil and set aside your panel to dry in a place it won't be disturbed and B) clean your stencil off immediately with warm water and soap.

I took a piece of brown wood-print paper, cut it down to the same size as my purple night sky panel, and hand cut it into a wonky "L" so it looked like a tree. I then adhered it directly to my purple night sky panel, and adhered my squirrel in it's place. To add some shadow, to make it really look like this squirrel was perked on a branch, I took a warm gray alcohol marker and shaded in any part where my squirrel touched the tree branch. I placed my night sky panel onto a patterned A2-sized piece of paper.

To finish my card out, I stamped my sentiment on to a light purple strip of card stock, mounted it to a darker purple slightly thicker card stock, and made it into a banner. I adhered my banner into it's correct location, and trimmed the edges so it fit onto the card.

I adhered a few purple jewels into the night sky, and that's my card!

Here are the products I used in this card:





For more inspiration with your The Rabbit Hole Designs Creations, be sure to follow along at these other locations:

For more details about products used in this post, you may also follow along at my personal blog, Just a Note by Justin, as well!

I hope this card sparked some fun ideas for your future projects, and maybe an idea for your next late night snack! Thanks for reading, and happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute need to get this one Always say love you more to my granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background and tree! Looks awesome with this cute donut-loving squirrel!

    ReplyDelete