Pages

Ahoy There!

 


Ahoy there! It's Lauren here today to share my fun and beachy card! The new Shell-ebrate stamp set, illustrated by Tatsiana Zayats, is a great all occasion stamp set. As summer comes to a close, I wanted to create a final, beachy, hello card.

I started by using some magical pigment powders to create a watery background. I used a dry brush to tap some powder onto my glass mat, spritzed it with water and "smooshed" my cardstock over top to pick up the color. Adding more water or powder and repeating, as needed, to get the look I wanted. I then set it aside to dry.

While my panel was drying, I stamped my image in black ink onto white cardstock. Then I colored the image using my colored pencils and fussy cut it out. 



Once my background panel was dry, I used an A2 sized (4.24x5.5") wonky stitched rectangle die from my stash to trim it down. I then stamped the "Ahoy there" sentiment in the bottom right-hand corner of the background panel.



I then adhered my background panel onto a top folding A2 sized white card base. I didn't want my bouquet just sitting on the background, so I used a net die from my stash to die cut a beige colored fish net for it to rest on. 




Next, I placed my bouquet on the fishnet and put some of its pieces under the net. This gives it a more "caught in the net" look that I was trying to achieve. Then I applied liquid adhesive to the back of the fish net bouquet and adhered it onto the card. I did not adhere the whole net down. 



I think this is a fun twist on the usual Hello or all occasion, card. I hope you are enjoying the beautiful release this month and that I've inspired you to get crafting! Thanks for visiting!

Here's a link to the stamp set I used for this card: 

https://therabbitholedesigns.com/collections/stamps/products/shell-ebrate-4x4



Thanks again for visiting. You can follow me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment