Pages

Oh, so excited bunny! card - using the Dotted Flower Stencil.


Hello my crafty friend!  Today I am on the blog with my Oh so happy bunny card featuring the Dotted Flower Stencil and the Caffeinated Rabbit stamp set.  It looks like you caught him.in the act of hiding his Easter egg. You can tell how excited he is by the look of joy on his face!
 I started out by using a piece of pale yellow cardstock cut to 4" my 5 and 1/4".   I use the dotted floral stencil  with a n oange distressed oxide ink to create the background.   I thought it looked either like the sunshine bouncing around or a Bunny bouncing around.  


I colored the caffeinated rabbit using my alcohol markers. I decided to use graze along with light blues and light pinks for highlights and shadows. I had an egg stamp which was zigzag/chevron and I stamped in light yellow creating a yellow and white chevrons egg.  I used alcohol markers to colored the parts of the egg that were left white using light pink, orange, and blue. To create the depth of the Easter egg, I used a pale purple the lightest grey for shadowing and a blender pen and weight gel pen for highlights and fussy cut it out. I also  fussy cut the rabbit, cutting the coffee cup out of image so I could place the egg in the rabbits grasp.


I grabbed my go to grass die in created the green grass for the base of the card front.  I had two sentiments in my stash that I thought would be perfect for the set, "You found me" and "so egg-cited".  I stamped them on the left side of the card.   I glued the rabbit on the right side of the card in the grass and glued the egg (at an angle) in his hands.  I stamped the #hare-lyawake" sentiment (from the Caffeinated Rabbit stamps set) in the grass, underneath the rabbit.  To finish the card I glued this card front on to a blue A2 card base.

Here are the products used:





I hope this inspires you to try a stenciled background  on your next creation.

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog!

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired
Jenn Gross
@journeycoachjenn

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places



No comments:

Post a Comment