Pages

Tattoo Christmas Card

The Rabbit Hole Designs Tattoo Christmas Card

Hey crafty friends, it's Amanda from Pear Blossom Press again. Well, I did it. I officially started making Christmas cards in April. Maybe it's too soon, but I was inspired. ;) The swallows in the new Old School Tattoo Affirmation set remind me of doves, and one of the sentiments is PEACE. I wanted to see what they'd look like together, and I really love it! If you're looking to get a jump on the holidays too while we're all on lockdown, don't worry, The Rabbit Hole Designs is still open and shipping!

This card is easy to recreate and mass produce. In fact, when you're making alcohol ink backgrounds like this, you won't want to stop at just one. You can make a whole bunch of these in an afternoon. My friend, Niccole, got a new set of inks and she was so kind to share backgrounds she made with the whole design team. She made backgrounds in the colors of our choosing on alcohol ink paper and sent them to us. Wasn't that sweet? I used one to create this card. Isn't the background gorgeous? I trimmed it down, and mounted it to a red card base. 

The Rabbit Hole Designs Tattoo Christmas Card

For the focal point of the card, I stamped and colored one of the swallows from the Old School Tattoo Affirmation stamp set and cut it out with a circle die. I cut out a slightly larger circle from more red cardstock and sandwiched them together with foam in between. I glued them to the card and stamped, embossed, and colored the sentiment. Then, I finished the card with a few flat gems and stars. I just love how it turned out! And my first Christmas card of the year is done! 

If you'd like to see more ways to use this stamp set, check this out. You can find the sister article to this post on my blog, along with links to the products I used. Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back soon with more fun cards to share. 

For more inspiration, updates, and news, make sure to check out these places...

No comments:

Post a Comment