Pages

Birthday Wishes

 



Hi all! Lauren here to share with you a colorful birthday card. I used only the new Birthday-Scripty stamp set and the matching Shadow die set to create this card. 

I started out by making my candle background. I inked the candle stamp that is included in the set with fade out ink designed for no line coloring. Randomly stamping it all over white cardstock. Then I used color pencils to color the candles in rainbow colors and trimmed the panel down to just under 4.25x5x5.


Once I had all the candles colored, I inked up the Birthday word using Distress oxide inks. The colors I used to create the rainbow word were; Candied Apple, Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade, Lucky Clover and Prize Ribbon. 


Next, I used the shadow die to cut out the word. I also cut out 3 more shadows and adhered them all together with the colored one on the top. 

Then, I stamped the wishes word onto white cardstock in black ink. I trimmed it out and bordered it with black cardstock.


After that, I adhered a 4.25x5.5" black cardstock panel onto the front of my card base of the same size. Then I adhered on my candle panel and the words. I added a few colored confetti circles from my stash to complete the look. Such a fun colorful card.

I love how easy it is to create a quick card using just the one stamp and matching die set. And these candles are really great to practice no line coloring on! 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these awesome places! 


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment