Pages

Hello and Thanks with Alcohol Ink

Hello friends! Kimberly here. I have a couple of cards to share with you today using alcohol inks and the new word dies from The Rabbit Hole Designs. The alcohol ink background on the first card was made by me. The gorgeous background on the second card was made and given to me by Niccole to create a card with. I was inspired by her background to give alcohol inks a try again, but my backgrounds always look like a tractor trailer ran over a rainbow. Well, I refuse to give up! 


This first card was made using Brea Reese alcohol inks and acetate because my Yupo paper is still in storage from our move. 


I wanted the background to be white so I adhered it directly to a white card base.  Next, I cut out "Hello" using the new Hello-Scripty Dies from brushed gold cardstock. I adhered that right to the alcohol ink panel. Then, I heat embossed the word "Friend" from the matching Hello-Scripty stamp set using the awesome new Cottontail Embossing Powder Tool and gold embossing powder on a strip of black cardstock. I added foam tape to it and popped it up on the panel. To finish this card, I added some gold glitter enamel dots from my stash. 

This next card features the beautiful background Niccole made. 



I used the shadow part of the Thanks-Scripty die to cut a part of the panel so I could make a shaker card. Next, I lined up the shadow part that I cut out and adhered it to a gold base so it would show through the shaker. I die cut the word "Thanks" from gold cardstock and adhered it to the "Thanks" shadow. 
I glued acetate to the alcohol ink panel and added some sequins over the word thanks for the shaker element of the card. Then, I added foam tape and attached the ink panel to the card base. I embossed the sentiment from the matching Thanks-Scripty stamp set using gold embossing powder and the Cottontail Embossing Powder Tool on a white strip of cardstock. To finish this card, I popped the sentiment up on foam tape and glued a few sequins to the card front. 

Thank you for stopping by!
Kimberly

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these awesome places! 


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment