Pages

Peonies in Gold


Hello again Rabbit Hole fans and welcome back to the blog! It's Lisa here with you today and I have 2 cards to share with you using the new release Pretty in Peony stamp set.



Did you ever have an idea in your head for a card and when you actually sat down to make it,  you couldn't make it look like the picture in your head?   It always amazes me when that happens because I see it so clearly yet I just can't reproduce it.  It is very frustrating and sometimes I wind up creating something different but still very beautiful.  This was one of those times.  These 2 cards started off as an idea to have very bright flowers pop against a very stark black background.  Although I like how they came out, they started out very different in my head! 



Card Recipes

  • I began by stamping the peonies in clear versamark ink on watercolor paper and heat embossing them in gold.  
  • Next I took my Zig clean color markers and did some quick coloring with 2 colors for the flowers and 2 colors for the greenery.  
  • Once I had the color down, I took a small wet paintbrush to move the color around for a loose watercolored look.  What a therapeutic technique!
  • I took the flowers and leaves over to my scan n cut and cut them all out.
  • I prepped 2 card bases in black, both with a scalloped rectangle die. One rectangle I embossed with a diagonal striped embossing folder.
  • For the sentiments, on the first card I used a Thank You die from my stash and cut it out in gold glitter paper to match the outline of the flowers. On the second card I stamped a sentiment from the set in clear versamark ink and heat embossed it in gold on to a small scalloped rectangle.
  • I popped the some of the flowers up on foam tape to give them some dimension.

Thank you so much for joining me today on the blog.  I hope you have enjoyed my cards and make sure to check out all of the brand new items in the shop! The Rabbit Hole Designs has just added 5 fun new dies to their inventory and you're going to want to check them out!







For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these links.

2 comments:

  1. I do believe this new Pretty in Peony is my new favorite stamp, simply beautiful. Can't help but love the T-wreck too. You have the best designers!!!

    ReplyDelete