Pages

Whale Hello there!



Hi everyone! Shanna here from Caffeinated Craftiness today with another adorable card featuring TRHD's Beach Day stamp set.  I thought the whales in the set were cute enough to have their own card, and thus this card was born!

I started by cutting out die cut circle out of a panel I had previously stenciled some clouds on with distress ink.  I took an acrylic block, that happened to have a wavy edge to it and smooshed on a decent amount of Salty Ocean distress ink.  I spritzed it and then played it over the bottom half of the circle.  I sat a glass of water on top for some weight, and then let it dry.  I find that if I don't rush it and lift the block off sooner, I don't get the deeper color I am wanting.  
While it was drying I stamped, colored, and cut out my Beach Day images using my Scan n' Cut.  I thought the whale would enjoy having a few friends, so the seagulls joined him while he visited his own little uncharted island.  
Next I dry embossed a solid white A2 panel and added a couple strips of nautical and gold washi.  After the circle had fully dried, I affixed it to the panel and then glued my images on it.  I had a sentiment all ready to go (Whale Hello! of course) but at the last minute decided I wanted to leave the card open to other possibilities if I needed a quick card to grab.  That is the beauty of a genuinely versatile stamp set, it can literally pull off any occasion from Thank you, Happy Birthday, I miss you, or just a plain Hello!  I like having options some times, and will leave the sentiment off for that reason.




I love visiting the ocean, being a California girl.....That's exactly where this card transports me!  Are you more of a lake or ocean type of person?  Does your crafting style ever reflect your preference?  


For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places:




See you all again soon, and thanks for stopping by!!
~Shanna

1 comment: