Pages

OWL-Right, Caffeine Please!!


Hello my crafty friends and welcome to The Rabbit Hole Design blog!  My card creation features this fun 4" x 4" stamp set, OWL-Right!  

I thought it would be such fun to add wacky google eye stickers to each of the owls.  It makes them look like they are  totally jones-ing for their morning cuppa joe!


I started by creating a card front using a 4" x 5 1/4" corrugated cardstock and the Drop It stencil.  I used a prepositional spray adhesive on the back of the stencil to keep it in place on the corrugated texture.  Next I used three Distress Oxide inks to create the background.


I stamped  and colored the parliament of owls with alcohol markers and fussy cut them out. I had these fun monster google eyes and I added them to each owl.  I love the look and I think they look like they "need" caffeine!  The coffee cup is a die in my stash and it is the perfect size to hold the owls, but it does not hold enough coffee to get them through the day.


I stamped out the "OWL-right" part of one of the sentiments from the OWL-Right stamp set and grabbed the Caffeinated Shark stamp set sentiment "We're gonna need a bigger cup!"  I stamped them on a yellow cardstock and cut them in strips.


I rounded the edges of the corrugated card front. I glued the owls and coffee cup to the front of the corrugated card front. I added the sentiments using adhesive foam tape an attached the finished cards front to the printed card base.  I also rounded the corners of the card base completing the card.



Here are the TRHD products used in this project:







I hope this fun OWL-Right card project inspires you in your creations. Thank you so much for stopping by the blog!

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired
Jenn Gross
@journeycoachjenn

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places



No comments:

Post a Comment