Pages

Bloom Where You Are Planted


Hello fellow crafty friends! It's Lauren and today I am on the blog sharing this pretty and inspiring card that features the gorgeous Flamingo Botanical stamp set from the newest release.

To create this card, I started out by using my Versamark ink pad to stamp the flamingo and the sentiment onto white cardstock. Then embossed with gold embossing powder.
I coloured the flamingo and flowers using Prismacolor pencils. The colours I used were:
Flowers: Lavender, Parma violet, Dahlia purple and white as a blender.
Leaves: Sap green, Spring green, Grass green
Flamingo: Deco peach, Peach and Black




I used a dotted oval die from my stash to cut out the flamingo. To create the background, I ink blended, using the Cotton Tail blending brushes, Wilted Violet and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks onto Photopaper using the Diamond Flower Stencil. When you use distress oxide inks on photopaper, it creates a dull film over the inked surface. I rubbed that film off with a dry microfiber towel and the surface became nice and glossy.

Using a rectangle dotted die I trimmed the background down to fit my A2 card base. I trimmed the sentiment and backed it with purple cardstock then adhered all the elements of the card onto the base.




I hope you enjoyed todays card! Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous long weekend! -Lauren

For more wonderful inspiration, info and news, check:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment