Pages

Botanical Turtle-Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful


 

Hello all! It's Lauren and today I am up on the blog sharing my latest card featuring the gorgeous Botanical Turtle from this months release. I think the look of pink and green is so pretty together so I decided it would be perfect for this flower toting turtle!



What I did first was stamp the turtle onto water colour paper with black water colour friendly ink. To colour the image I used water colour pencils that I have had in my stash for years. After I had coloured the turtle I waited for it to completely dry before working on the background.



Once it was dry, I added water to Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide ink and with a small paintbrush to create the blue behind the turtle. I had water in mind but it could also be sky.

When the water had dried, I watered down Antique Linen Distress Oxide to paint on the ground/sand. Making sure to have it darker underneath the turtle to create some shadowing. Then left it to dry, then stamped the sentiment in black.

Next, I die cut pink patterned paper with an A2 stitched rectangle die and adhered it to an A2 card base. Then using a smaller curved, stitched rectangle I cut a green rectangle and also the turtle. I adhered them onto the base with the green panel underneath and offset.
For the embellishment, I used fishtail banner dies to create a larger pink one, then smaller green polka dot one. I trimmed them and adhered it to the card.


To add a finishing touch, I placed 3 pink self adhesive dots onto the banner.

Thanks so much for visiting! Hope you have a wonderful day!
-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment