Pages

Honey - You Look Fabulous!


 


Hello! Lauren here on the blog today with this fun slimline card. My card features the new Tastes Like Honey stencil. This stencil is so awesome because it can be used to create all kinds of different looks for so many occasions. 

To create my card, I blended Gray Flannel ink onto white cardstock using the Tastes Like Honey stencil. The stencil is 6x6 so for it to fit a slimline card, I lines up the stencil and continued blending. I started out dark then lightened up as I continued. I trimmed the paper using a stitched rectangle slimline die from my stash. 

After cleaning the stencil, I repeated the same process onto yellow paper using Wild Honey Distressed Oxide ink and a bit of Fossilized Amber to darken it up a bit. I then die cut 5 stitched hexagons using a set from my stash.

Next, using the Spell It stencil, I blended the Gray Flannel ink to spell "Honey" on white cardstock. I trimmed the paper down and backed it with a matching gray cardstock border.



Then onto gray cardstock, I stamped the you look fabulous sentiment from the Miss You stamp set in Versamark ink. I covered that with white embossing powder and heat set it. After it cooled, I trimmed the sentiment using a rectangle die from my stash.



Having all the elements complete, I started to assemble the card. First I positioned the yellow hexagons onto the gray hexagon stenciled background and adhered them in place. Then trimmed off  any overhanging pieces. I adhered that onto a white 8.5 x 3.5 inch card base and adhered the word honey in the middle and the gray cardstock sentiment underneath.



Thanks so much for visiting. I hope you give this fun stencil a try! 
Lauren 

Products used:



 




No comments:

Post a Comment