Pages

Humboldt Spinner with Katie

Hello there!  Happy Friday!

Today I have a fun card inspired by nature.  My daughter loves wildlife shows and cartoons that have to do with wildlife.  So we watched a show about Humboldt Squid and that is what inspired this card.  Humboldt are known for their bioluminescence and flashing red and white while hunting.  I used blue in my card instead of white, as I thought it was a better contrast. 



How I made this card:
  • I started by cutting my blue cardstock 8.5 X 5.5.  I scored it at 4.25 inches.
  • Next, I stamped this background ocean stamp on all sides with Stormy Sky Distress Ink.
  • After that, I scored the card at 2.125 to make it a Z-fold card.
  • Then, I used a circle die cut and cut half of a circle form the Z portion of the card.
  • I die cut the same sized circle from white cardstock and used the distress ink to color it. I adhered it to the card base so it lined up with half circle die cut.
  • On a bit of Navy CS, I embossed the sentiment with platinum embossing powder and used foam tape to mount it on the card. 
  • I stamped one squid from the Inky set and colored it using red and pink Copics. 
  • I mirror stamped another squid, made it a little darker with my Copic friendly liner pen and colored it with blue Copics.
  • I colored the edges of both images with my black liner and added some black to the back as well in case they didn't perfectly line up. 
  • I used mono adhesive on both squids.  I also added some extremely sticky double sided tape along the middle of the image and then added some fishing line down the middle.  
  • I ran the line down the edge in the z fold and taped it down so it was taught, then I used liquid glue (Glossy Accents) to ensure it held tight and trimmed the ends. 

Here is a close up of the blue side: 


So I do NOT do videos, BUT, I tried to capture what it would look like to see the spinner.  


Well I hope you enjoyed this creation today.  You are welcome to visit my blog for a full list of supplies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment