Pages

Thanks Card & a Farewell

Hello The Rabbit Hole Designs fans!  It's Maria back on the blog with you today with a Thank You card showcasing the Pretty in Peony stamp set.



Before I give you the details on how I made my card, this is to let you all know that this is going to be my last post as a DT member for The Rabbit Hole Designs.  My schedule has been really crazy lately and I am trying to cut back on commitments.  I have thoroughly enjoyed being on this journey with MaryAnn Samuelson and Heather Ferguson (co-owners of TRHD) with the rest of the design team members.  This "thank you card is for you guys!


Here's my card:



To begin, I stamped the images on some Neenah solar white card stock using Pale Fig and Spring Meadow Harmony Inks by Spectrum Noir.  I lightly colored the image with my Hydrangea and Citrus Green TriBlend markers.   To create softer colors, I used my alcohol blender so that some parts looked like they are colored with watercolors.

I also stamped the flowers and leaves using Spectrum Noir watermark ink and sprinkled this with white embossing powder.  I heat-set the images using my heating tool.  I fussy-cut the images with my precision scissors.

I die-cut another piece of white card stock using a die from my stash.  I foam-mounted this piece on my colored background.

I adhered the leaves and the small flower with some liquid adhesive.  I also layered the main flower with some liquid and foam adhesive to create more texture and dimension.

Lastly, I die-cut the word "thanks" using a die from my stash on some black card stock, and the shadow with some vellum.  I adhered this piece on my card.

Here's a little close-up:



I would like to thank MaryAnn and Heather for being the most wonderful lady bosses ever!  I had a great time designing for you guys from the very beginning, and I only wish you both greatest success in the future.   I also would like to thank the rest of the design team for being so supportive of me.  You guys rock!

I hope you like my card today and got inspired.  If you are looking for further details about my project including supplies used, I would be so grateful if you can stop by my blog today at:

For more inspiration, updates and news make sure to check out these places.  Happy stamping!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful dimension on these gorgeous florals. You've shared lovely inspiration during your time on the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and you will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! happy birthday grandma cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page! apply for walmart credit card with bad credit

    ReplyDelete