Pages

Christmas Wrap with See Through Shaker Tag



Hi everyone! Lauren here today and I and excited to share the creation I created for the super fun collaboration with Doodles Paper playground! I love using stamps to make gift wrap and the trees from The Rabbit Hole Designs new Kringle stamp set are perfect for this.


To make this pretty holiday paper, I used plain white craft wrap I found at my local craft store. I randomly stamped the large and small trees over the paper with Distress Oxide ink in Evergreen Bough and Pine Needles.
Next, I used metallic gold ink on the word "HO" and randomly stamped that all over. The metallic link takes a bit longer to dry, so make sure it is completely dry or it will smudge.
Once it has dried, I splattered Pine Needles over the paper.
I wrapped my gift and added gold ribbon. I felt it needed some bling, so I created a shaker tag to finish the gift off. I die cut a tag three times out of metallic gold cardstock that I had in my stash. I also die cut the tag 6 more times in white cardstock. To set up the shaker tag, I glued acetate to the back sides of 2 of the gold tags. I then adhered 3 white tags together and adhered those to the acetate. I repeated this step on the other gold/acetate tag. This will give space to allow the sequins to move freely. I then sprinkled the amount of sequins I was happy with into the "well" on one of the acetate tags then adhered them both together, creating the see through tag.
For the second gold tag, I simply used the center cut out from one of the white die cut tags and stamped "TO" and "FROM" that is in the Pawlidays stamp set. Then I adhered the gold tag with the white center to the gift and the shaker tag overlapping the gift tag. I finished the gift off with a green ribbon bow.  
I hope you try making your own Christmas gift wrap. It is easy and so fun. Your recipient will also feel special knowing you handmade the wrap. Happy crafting.
-Lauren

The Kringle stamp set is available now at The Rabbit Hole Designs shop:

No comments:

Post a Comment