Pages

Neon Trees

Hello! It's Alison Heikkila. I really enjoy making holiday cards in non-traditional colors. Today, I decided to go neon. Yup, neon. I used the fun Slice of Christmas Stencil, as well as the Broken Glass stencil. 


I have 3 of the Rina K Glitz Glitter Gels from Therm O Web, and I thought the trees from the Slice of Christmas stencil would look great in these vibrant colors. I put all 3 on white cardstock and fussy cut them once they were dry.


I didn't want to create a scene for this card, and of course I wanted the trees to be the focus, so I decided to apply some blue ink to the Broken Glass Stencil and die cut it in a circle. This sort of "cooled off" the "heat" of the neons a bit.


Now I needed a background, and I really wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go in. I was chatting with my son about it (if you have visited my blog before, you probably know that he is also a crafter and has a great eye for design), and we thought I should check out the stash of backgrounds I have accumulated. I found this one, which is Distress Oxides on glossy photo paper. The chalky finish of the oxides rubs off to leave the most vibrant, beautiful colors. It was perfect for my neon trees. I needed a sentiment too, so Phoenix suggested I used the "Peace" from the Old School Tattoo-Affirmation stamp set with a bright color, so I used Vivid Green Embossing Powder from Stampendous on white cardstock. I adhered everything to a white card base, and popped up the green tree with foam squares.


This card is so fun and bright! I love how it turned out. The trees are so whimsical, they really lend themselves to these unnatural colors, and the background helps them really pop. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

For more inspiration with your The Rabbit Hole Designs Creations, be sure to follow along at these other locations:


For more details about products used in this post, you may also follow along at my personal blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment