Pages

Ready for Christmouse? Fun Stenciling Tutorial


Welcome back to today's blog!  Are you "Ready for Christmouse?"  It is never too early to start creating your holiday cards.  I love this fun little mouse  with his ski poles from the Merry Mousemas stamp set.  The fun snowy night background for this fun holiday card is created by using the Slice of Christmas stencil from The Rabbit Hole Designs Christmas in July Release. 


 I colored this fun holiday mouse with Spectrum Noir Triblend markers.  I colored his furry little body using the Brown Grey Shades and Brown Grey Blends alcohol markers.  I used Pale Pink Shades and  Pale Pink Blends for his tail, feet/hands, ear and cute tiny nose.  His scarf and hat are colored in a festive red and green for his holiday outing.  I used the coordinating die to cut him out.




I am excited to share how  you can use this Slice of Christmas stencil to create this holiday scene.  For the background, I am using a piece of  4" x 5 1/4" piece of deep purple cardstock.  I used my Cotton Tail blending brushes for the blending.  I started the top of the card front with Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink.  I used the icicle  part of the Slice of Christmas stencil to create the trees in the back ground using Black Soot Distress Oxide ink. I used the snow bank part of the stencil to create 4 layers of snow drifts down the remaining card front with  Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink.  I used my heat gun to help the ink dry quicker.   I lastly added the trees from the stencil using Victorian  Velvet and Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide ink  


I stamped the "Merry Christmouse" sentiment  it the top left area of the card front with clear pigment  ink and embossed it with white embossing powder.  I Used Opaque White Silk to add the falling snow.  I attached the card front to a white A2 card base and popped up the mouse on the lower right area of the card.   

Product Used:




There is also a Stamps and Die bundle for this set!


Thank you so much for stopping by the blog!  I hope you enjoyed seeing the versatility you you can achieve with the Slice of Christmas stencilI love hearing from you. Please leave me a message letting me know what you have on your Rabbit Hole Designs wish list. 
As always, if you have questions, just ask!

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired
Jenn Gross

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 


For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places


No comments:

Post a Comment