Pages

Northern Lights Christmas Card


Hello Everyone! Justin here and today I am sharing a simple Christmas Card I made using the new Kringle set!

I wanted to create a project inspired by tree silhouettes and the Northern Lights, and I thought this was the perfect excuse to break out my Alcohol Inks!

To make my Northern Lights background, I took a 4.125" x 5.375" piece of plastic craft paper and totally slathered it with alcohol blending solution. I used gray, dark purple, dark blue, aqua, and lime green alcohol inks to drop onto the piece. I then used my air puff tool to push the ink around to get the design I wanted. I set the panel aside to dry entirely (I usually like to give this a good hour).

I took the small tree stamps from Kringle and heat embossed them with black powder onto black cardstock. I fussy cut them out and set them aside.

Next I took 4.25" wide piece of black cardstock and die cut a stitched hill piece. I heat embossed the sentiment "Merry Christmas" in white powder and set it aside.

I took my dry alcohol inked panel and adhered it to an A2-sized piece of black cardstock so it had a nice frame.

I then adhered my trees to my stitched hill, and adhered the entire piece using foam tape to the bottom of my card panel.

Using some purple sequins from a Rabbit Hole Designs Embellishment Pack (one of the amazing freebies you get with your order), I adhered a few to my card, and adhered the panel to an A2-sized card base!

And that's how I made my project!

This card uses the following Rabbit Hole Designs Product:


For more inspiration with your The Rabbit Hole Designs Creations, be sure to follow along at these other locations:


For more details about products used in this post, you may also follow along at my personal blog, Just a Note by Justin, as well!

I cannot wait to see what you craft up using these super cute new Christmas in July release products! Be sure to share them in The Rabbit Hole Designs Fan Page (and don't forget about the Anything Goes Challenge Album as well!

Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment