Pages

Jingle Wishes Shaker Card


Hello Everyone! Justin here, and today I am sharing this fun shaker card that I made using the new Kringle set, and a couple elements from the Slice of Christmas stencil!

First, I colored up my Santa from Kringle with Copic Markers, fussy cut him out and set him to the side.

Using my Slice of Christmas Stencil, I blended one of the trees onto white cardstock using a Cotton Tail Blending Brush, using a green blend of Oxide Inks for the body of the tree, and a brown ink for the stem. I fussy cut my tree out and set it aside with my Santa.

I took a square piece of white cardstock and ink blended a light blue green to navy ombre blend using Oxide Inks and a  Cotton Tail Blending Brush. I spritzed this piece with water and set it aside for later.

Taking an A2-sized piece of white cardstock, I used the "snowbank" from the Slice of Christmas stencil and blended up a horizontal wonky stripe pattern using a red Oxide Ink with a  Cotton Tail Blending Brush. I took a square die cut, and cut a window in the upper center of my image.

Next, I took an A2-sized piece of kraft cardstock. I used 2 square dies to cut out a frame that would fit perfectly over my square cut out from my red striped panel. I distressed the edges with a brown Oxide Ink, and adhered my frame directly over my window. Then, I cut a .75" strip from the bottom of my kraft cardstock, and blended a darker brown ink over the Circle Illusion stencil, creating a wood effect that I like to use with a  Cotton Tail Blending Brush. I adhered this strip to the bottom of my stripe panel to act as the flooring.

Taking the banner stamp from Kringle, I stamped the banner, and then stamped the buildable sentiment "Jingle Wishes" inside the banner in an alcohol marker safe ink. I heat set the ink, and then colored over the banner in red Copic Markers.

I took my fussy cut Christmas Tree and adhered some sequins to it from a shaker pack. I alsåo cut out a small tree skirt from my scrap patterned paper stash, adhered it to the bottom of my tree, and adhered my tree to the lower right portion of my panel. I also took my sentiment banner, tucked it behind the tree, and adhered it down.

I flipped my panel over, and adhered acetate to cover my window. I then took my Kringle Santa and adhered him so that he looked like he was peeping into the window to say hello. I also adhered a very small piece of his hat directly to the visible acetate, just to help keep him flush against the shaker window.

Using doubled up foam tape, I made a border around the outside of my shaker window on the backside. I removed the backing, and then went over the edges of the tape (not the tape backing portion) with an anti-static powder tool. I took my blue-green-to-navy ombré piece and poured a shaker pack on top of it (very carefully, so that none of the sequins went astray). I took my mail card panel, carefully placed my card over the ombré piece, and pressed down to fully adhere it. I gave my card a shake to make sure none of my shaker bits flew out, and I got the all clear to finish this card up!

I used doubled up foam tape to cover some remaining back portions of the panel, removed the backing, and adhered it to an A2-sized card base. I also wanted to add a little extra glitz, so I took a couple more sequins from the pack and adhered them onto my card as well.

And that's how I made my project!

Here are the products I used:



Circle Illusion stencil



For more inspiration with your The Rabbit Hole Designs Creations, be sure to follow along at these other locations:


For more details about products used in this post, you may also follow along at my personal blog, Just a Note by Justin, as well!

I cannot wait to see what you craft up using these super cute new Christmas in July release products! Be sure to share them in The Rabbit Hole Designs Fan Page (and don't forget about the Anything Goes Challenge Album as well!

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment