Pages

Beware of the Cat

 



Howdy y'all! It's Lauren on the blog today with this cute as a button Country Witch from this months release. I love that she's wearing her cut off's and cowboy boots. I decided that she needed a denim witches hat to finish off her outfit.

I started out by stamping the witch and 3 of the large cacti (making sure not to ink up the skull) on a piece of white cardstock. Next, I stamped the cat and created a mask for it. Then I stamped a few of the other cacti surrounding the cat. I coloured all the images using Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut them out.
Cat: Jasmine and Mineral orange skull: 10% and 30% Cool gray
Large cacti: Kelly green, Grass green Small Cacti: Sap green, and black glaze pen
Shorts and hat: Slate gray Belt and hat band: Poppy red
Shirt: created a plaid using Kelly green and Poppy red Undershirt; Kelly green
Boots: Slate gray and Light Umber Broom: Light Umber
Hair: Chestnut and Mineral orange
Skin: Beige Eyes: grass green Lips: Poppy Red

I created a frame using a Scalloped rectangle A2 size die and a smaller rectangle die to cut out the center. Then I stamped a woodgrain pattern using Versamark and a background stamp onto the frame. I then cut 2 panels of patterned paper to fit inside and used brown ribbon along the seem where the 2 papers met and adhered it all to an A2 sized card base.

Next, I adhered the witch and the 3 large cacti along the ribbon. To create some dimension I added double sided foam tape to the cat/cacti and placed that onto the card as well.

After that, I stamped out the sentiments and bordered them with the pattered paper and adhered them to the card.

To finish it all off I added gold rivets to each corner.

I hope you enjoy this card I have today. All of the new release is available from:




For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these awesome places!  The Rabbit Hole Designs

Thanks for visiting!
-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment