Pages

Y'all.....beware of the cat!


Howdy Y'All! Amy here and I’m excited to share with you a shaker card that I made with the Country Witch stamp set from the August 2020 Release at The Rabbit Hole Designs.






I am having so much fun with the products from this August release! These products are just so clever and unique! 

I haven't made a lot of shakers yet in my card making journey but I felt that this set really worked well for it. I like to "stretch" my supplies and get the most out of them. There are several different ways to use this stamp set. As you can see on the set I actually just decided to use some of the smaller stamps to create this card.

I stamped out the cat, cactus, and skulls from the set with alcohol marker friendly ink and colored them in with my copics. I actually fussy cut them out but the coordinating dies are also available for purchase. I set these little cuties aside and got to work on the rest of the card. 





For the card base itself I actually used the Square Illusion Stencil from TRHD. To create this card base with the sunset scene as well as the warm stenciled border I had to use some masking paper. I cut a piece of masking paper in A2 size just like the card base. I cut a hole out of the center of it with the same circle die that I ultimately used to create the shaker portion. I put the masking paper down covering the card base with the center hole open and ink blended the sunset colors in that circle space. 

Next I covered the sunset portion with the circle shaped masking paper and removed the outer portion of masking paper. I ink blended some warm desert like colors directly on the rest of the card base with the Square Illusion Stencil. I repeated the same warm colors through the stencil on the smaller front panel as well. For the ink blending I used the amazing new Cotton Tail Blending Brushes also from TRHD. These are a must have in your crafty arsenal! 




 Cotton Tail Blending Brushes



I cut out an opening with the same circle die into the smaller panel that was ink blended. I attached some acetate to the back of it over the hole. I used foam tape on the back of the panel to line the circle and create the dimension needed to create the well on the shaker card. 

For the next step, I placed the ink blended card base down flat and carefully put the sunny looking sequins down on top of it where the circle would be on the smaller panel. I removed the backing from the foam tape on my panel and placed it down onto the card base over the sequins keeping them contained inside. 

Then, I attached my cut out cat and cactus skulls to the front of the acetate on the panel. I was able to kind of tuck some of them in between the acetate and the panel itself which I thought gave it more of a clean finish. I die cut out a smaller rectangle piece and ink blended similar colors to the sunset and stamped one of the sentiments from the set. Finally, I attached all the pieces together to complete the card. 

It was a labor of love but I'm so happy with how it turned out. These new release products are so fun. Be sure to check out all the items from the new release as well as all the other fabulous products that The Rabbit Hole Designs carries. You can follow this link HERE to see their whole product line. 






Thanks for stopping by!
If you want to check out additional information on the products used to create you can visit my blog at amyswares.com 

-Amy


For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places.


No comments:

Post a Comment