Pages

Hello Flower - Stenciled Slimline Card

 


Hello crafty friends! Lauren here today with this easy stenciled slimline card. I wanted to create a cheery card that is sure to put a smile on my recipients face. The new Build Your Garden stencil is perfect for that with its happy flowers!

This was a super easy card to create. First, using washi tape. I covered the parts of the stencil that I wouldn't be using at all.

Next, I secured my stencil to a piece of white cardstock. Then I masked off, with washi tape, everything except the flowers and leaves I wanted to color.  

Now this might sound crazy, but I took the Cotton Tail blending brush that I've designated for my green Distress Oxide inks and adding no additional ink, blended the green ink that was already on the brush over the stems and leaves of the stencil. 

Then, I covered the stems and leaves and uncovered the flower petals. I did the same thing as I did with the stems and leaves. I used the ink that was already on my Cotton Tail brush that I designated for my pinks and blended the ink over all the petals. 

The last color I used was orange for the small round flowers. I made sure to mask off the others areas before blending them. 


I then trimmed down the panel using a stitched rectangle slimline die and adhered it to a slimline card base.

To create my "Hello" word, I used the same stencil on a second piece of white cardstock. Then I used an alphabet die set from my stash to create the word from the stenciled cardstock. I used a t-ruler to make sure the letters were straight and adhered them onto the front of the card.


I am super happy with how this card turned out! I love how you can create a  pretty card using just this stencil! 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these awesome places! Thanks for visiting!



Here's the link to the Build your Garden Stencil: 





No comments:

Post a Comment