Pages

Snail Mail with a sparkle!

Hello, Kimberly here with a card featuring Snail Mail Flower from the latest release. I love this cute little snail and wanted a way to easily jazz up this image.

 


To make this card, I stamped the snail from Snail Mail Flower on white cardstock. I covered it with a mask (image stamped on paper, cut out and placed the image) and then layered a long post it note over it where I wanted the skyline and grass to meet. I blended Mowed Grass distress ink over the exposed bottom of the cardstock. Next I flipped the post it note to expose the top of the cardstock and blended Tumbled Glass distress ink over the top. Once I removed the post it note, I had my background! 

I colored in the snail with Copics and decided I was not crazy about how I colored the shell. So I stamped the image on another piece of cardstock and colored the shell with new colors. I fussy cut the shell out and popped it up with foam tape on the snail on my original panel. Then I blinged it out using some sequins I had in my stash. I really loved this sentiment from Sassy Sentiments and thought it fit perfect with this card so I stamped it directly on the card. I put foam tape on the back of the snail panel and added it to a card base I had prepared for it. I hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Kimberly

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places



 

No comments:

Post a Comment