Pages

Hippo Botanical with a twist

 Hello! Kimberly here with a different way to use Hippo Botanical from the new release. I just love the flower from this set and thought it looked really lovely with the new Amanda stencil. I may have an unhealthy obsession with foam tape. I need to pop everything up, so why not make the flower pop?




I started out blending Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn distress ink through the Amanda stencil on watercolor paper. 


Next, I covered the whole panel with texture paste.


Once that dried, I die cut it down to 4" x 5 1/4" and started with my flowers.


I stamped and fussy cut the hippo flower, the flower and the three lily pad leaves from the Hippo Botanical set. I colored the flowers in using R27, R37, R39, YR12, and YR07. I colored the leaves with YG00, YG05, and YG09. 



Next, I assembled my card. I adhered the leaf panel to my card base and added a brown frame I had in my stash. I added foam tape to the smaller flower. I lined it up to just cover the hippo and added it to the bigger flower. Then I added my leaves and my flower to the card. I stamped out a sentiment from Sassy Sentiments on a strip of white cardstock and layered it over a piece of patterned paper. To finish off with a little sparkle, I ran my clear Wink of Stella over the leaves. I hope you like it! 

Thank you for stopping by!
Kimberly

For more inspiration, updates, and news, make sure to check out these places...









No comments:

Post a Comment