Pages

Art Gallery, Coffee Collection

 

Hello, it's Lauren here sharing this kangaroo's visit to an art gallery opening. This art gallery idea came about after using the awesome Weird Science stencil. I was looking at the molecules and I thought..."This looks like a piece of art" and then the lightbulb lit and this card was born! As I was creating this card, my next thought was " who says card making is not art"?!

To start this creation, I stamped the Caffeinated Kangaroo onto Copic friendly card stock and coloured her in using Copic markers. Then I fussy cut her out.




After that, I dry embossed the stencil on a white piece of cardstock. Then I lined up the stencil and blended Gathered Twigs distress oxide ink over the raised molecules. This gives awesome added dimension. I then trimmed it down and framed it in pink (to match the coffee cup) using dies from my stash.



To create the other art piece, I water coloured Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs and Espresso distress oxide onto water colour paper. Once dry, I stamped the coffee chemical make up stamp onto it then framed it in black.



Next, I made the name placards for the art pieces using my computer. I also made the collection sign then bordered that in black.



Finally I assembled the card by adhering all the components onto a top folding A2 card base.

Now if anyone ever tell you that card making is not art, you can tell them that they are totally wrong!

Here are the links:

https://therabbitholedesigns.com/collections/stamps/products/caffeinated-kangaroo-4x4



https://therabbitholedesigns.com/collections/dies-stencils/products/weird-science-6x6-stencil




For more inspiration, updates, and news, be sure to check out these awesome places! 

No comments:

Post a Comment