Pages

At The Swimming Hole

 



Hi everyone! Lauren here today and I am sharing this card where this Rhino is still enjoying summer He's got his trunks on and is at the local swimming hole for some R & R. 

To make this shaker card, I used the new Splish Splash stencil and also the Caffeinated Rhino stamp set. I love how the stamp set has the cute bird included.

I started with an A2 sized white cardstock panel. Using an oval die, I cut the swimming hole out of the bottom corner. Then onto a separate white panel, I blended Mermaid Lagoon Distress oxide ink over the stencil. This will be the back of the shaker. 



Next, I  masked off a the stencil so I could create the splash coming out of the top of the pool using the same colour ink.

Then onto Copic friendly white cardstock, I stamped the rhino and 3 birds. I had to reverse stamp the last bird in order to get him facing the opposite way. To do this, I stamped the bird onto acetate then carefully placed white cardstock over that and applied pressure to transfer the image onto the card stock. Now I was ready to colour them then fussy cut them all out. The copics I used were:

Rhino: C0, C1, C2, C3 Eye:B24 Mug:Y00, Y06

Swim trunks:B00, BG01, BG06 stars:Y06

Birds: Yellow: YY00, Y06, Y17

          Blue: B00, BG01, B24

          Orange: C01, Y06, YR02, YR07


To create the shaker portion, I cut a piece of acetate so that it extended about .25" past the border of the pool. I adhered behind the pool using double sided tape. I then scored the acetate so it would fold at the same lines of the edges of the white cardstock panel. 

I really wanted the rhino to look like he was standing in the swimming hole, so I decided to cut a slit in the acetate (with my exacto knife) so I could slip his legs through but no sequins could escape.



Once I had the rhino legs in, I placed double sided foam tape all along the rim of the pool. Then I put a bunch of sequins into the area I created. To seal up the shaker, I used the stenciled background I made and placed it on top of the foam tape making sure to get the panel right to the very corner of the acetate I had scored. Next I adhered the acetate onto the back of the stenciled panel.

I stamped the sentiment and bordered it with black cardstock. On the front, I adhered the sentiment, birds and placed double sided tape behind the portion of rhino sticking out of the pool. I backed the whole panel with blue card stock and adhered it to an A2 card base.


Finally, to finish the card off, I glued some sequins onto the front. 

Thanks for visiting! 
 -Lauren
Here are the links to the stencil and stamp set:

https://therabbitholedesigns.com/collections/dies-stencils/products/splish-splash-6x6-stencil


https://therabbitholedesigns.com/collections/stamps/products/caffeinated-rhino-3x4




For more news, info and inspiration be sure to check out 


No comments:

Post a Comment