Pages

Breathe


Hello! Today I am sharing this blue mandala I created using the new Corner Mandala stencil. I love that when you line up the 6x6 stencil, it creates this beautiful mandala image. Did you know that the color of a mandala has meaning? I chose to make my mandala blue not only because it is my favorite color but a blue mandala symbolizes emotional healing, inner peace and meditation. 

This was super easy to create. I started out with a white 12x12 scrapbook page. I sprayed the back of the stencil with pixie spray to help hold it in place. I then taped around the edges of the stencil so that I wouldn't accidentally ink up the paper. 

Then using distress oxide inks in salty ocean, blueprint sketch and chipped sapphire, I blended from the center of the mandala to the outer edge. Carefully removing the stencil and aligning it up for each quarter.


Once the image was complete, I added the word "breathe" I cut using my Cricut I lined the letters up on the mandala using a t-ruler. Then I adhered them on.

When I took a look at my completed piece, knew I wanted to frame it. I placed it in a 12x12 shadow box frame. It now has a home in my craft room. 

I hope this inspires you to create your own beautiful mandala! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! 
Lauren


For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

No comments:

Post a Comment