Pages

The Debonair Cat


This cat never fails to make me smile! I love everything about him from his cute bowler hat down to his adorable teeny paws. He is the most suave cat I know so I was positive he could pull off a pair of red glasses and bow tie and do it with with flair!

To create my charming card, I first stamped the cat image onto white cardstock using fade out ink for no line coloring. I then colored him up using Prismacolor pencils. Colors I used were:
Cat: Warm Gray, 10%, 20%, 30%. 50% for whiskers, nose, mouth and chin
Glasses, bow tie and umbrella: Poppy Red, Crimson Red and Tuscan Red
Hat and vest: Sienna Brown, Chestnut, Dark Brown then Metallic gold for button
Pants: Light Umber, Dark Umber and Chocolate
Book: Cool Gray 50%, 90% and White
Umbrella handle: Dark Umber, Black and White
Coffee cup: Cool Gray 10%, 50% and Seashell Pink


Once I had him all colored and ready to go, I used a scalloped, stitched circle die to cut him out.

Since he is prepared for wet weather, I decided to give him a watery background. I inked Speckled Egg Distress oxide ink through the Splish Splash stencil onto white cardstock. I then trimmed that down using an A2 sized wonky stitched die from my stash and adhered it to a top folding A2 card base.

I then added double sided foam tape to the back of my dapper cat and adhered him to the front of the card.

 I hope this card/cat makes you smile as much as it does me! Thanks for visiting! Lauren

For more inspiration, updates, and news, make sure to check out these places

 Simple Things 3x4 – The Rabbit Hole Designs





Cotton Tail Blending Brushes – The Rabbit Hole Designs





 

1 comment:

  1. I am a big cat lover and this card is so adorable. Great job and I am glad to find your site. I hope your business grows and grows.

    ReplyDelete