Pages

Distress Glazed Mandala with Caffeinated Rhino

 Hello crafty friends! Kimberly here with The Rabbit Hole Designs! My card today pairs the recently released Corner Mandala and an older favorite of mine, Caffeinated Rhino. I just love how well they go together! 

I started making the background by lightly blending Speckled Egg and Pumice Stone Distress Oxides on watercolor paper using my Cotton Tail Blending Brushes. Then I put the stencil on the blended cardstock and blended Distress Glaze over some areas of the stencil (this is a resist glaze so ink will not stick to it). 


After I blended the distress glaze, I sprayed over the stencil with Pumice Stone Distress Spray. I dabbed off the excess ink before taking off the stencil to prevent too much leaking under the stencil. Then I stamped my Caffeinated Rhino on a smaller piece of watercolor paper with Ranger Archival ink. I used my distress inks to watercolor in my Rhino and the bird. Then I die cut them using the Caffeinated Rhino die. I also die cut a "shadow" for the rhino with grey cardstock just to add a little bit of color behind him. I used the sentiment from the stamp set by embossing it with white embossing powder on black cardstock. Once I had all of my pieces as you see here:


... I began to build my card. I cut down the Background to 5 1/4" x 4" and added that to a piece of grey cardstock. Then I glued my rhino slightly staggered off the grey rhino "shadow" and added foam tape behind him to pop him up. I glued the little bird to the tip of his horn and added a tiny piece of foam tape behind it as well. I attached the sentiment to the bottom of the card and used that as a ground for the Rhino to "stand" on so he didn't look like he was floating in air. Finally, I attached this to a white card base. I just love the soft colors!

Thank you for stopping by! 

Kimberly





1 comment:

  1. So fun! I'm going to share in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB group!

    ReplyDelete