Pages

Bunny Flower



Hello! Lauren here today sharing this cute small card featuring the newly released Bunny Bouquet stamp and the Spring Floral #1 paper pack. This is a non traditional card size that measures 4.25x4. I plan on popping it into an Easter basket that I am making up for family friends.

I love the blissful expression on this bunny's face. He is so happy to be immersed in flowers. I thought the adorable face would make a cute center for a flower and I thought of the flowers with faces in Alice in Wonderland. 

To create this card I first stamped the image onto gray cardstock using fade out ink. Then colored it using Prisma color pencils. The colors I used were:
Bunny: 20%, 30%, 50%, 70% Warm Gray white
Cheeks and nose: Blush Pink
Leaves: Spring Green, Apple Green, Kelly Green, Grass Green
Flowers: Cream, Lemon Yellow, Canary Yellow, Spanish Orange

I then worked on the front portion of the card. This floral paper is double sided and I had a hard time deciding which side to use. I picked the purple side for the outside but I didn't want to cover up the green. The cardstock is a good thickness, so I used it as the front of the card cutting off the front of my card base leaving a half inch band to adhere the plaid paper to. 

I then trimmed the colored bunny panel to fit into the inside of the card and adhered it on. 

Next I measured the height of the bunny face from the bottom and then the side so I would be able to line my circle in the right spot on the plaid paper. Then using a small circle die from my stash, I cut the circle in the paper. Then adhered the panel to the half inch white strip on the front of the card.


I then created the flower for the front of the card. I used a stitched scallop circle die and a smaller circle die to cut out a hole in the center.




For the stem, I cut a strip of green cardstock. The leaves I used a die from my stash. I added a stitched hill in a different shade of green cardstock at the bottom. I ink blended Broken China distress oxide ink around the edges of 2 clouds and a die cut hello to add to the front of the card along with a sun. This completes the front scene.



Now this sweet notecard is complete. Thanks for visiting and happy crafting! 
Lauren










No comments:

Post a Comment