Pages

Bunny On The Go!




Hi everyone! Lauren here on the blog with this bunny who is hurrying to deliver his basketful of cheery spring flowers! I think we are all ready for some beautiful flowers to arrive! This is an easy interactive card that doesn't require any special tools to create. 




To create this A2 (5.5x 4.25") card, I used the adorable new Spring Delivery set and Clouds in my Coffee stencil. 

I started out with my background. First, I created a hill by cutting a slope from a piece of copy paper. I then secured it over a white card panel, that was a little smaller than an A2 card, at my desired height. 

I sprayed the back of the separate clouds from the Clouds in my Coffee stencil the placed them on the panel where I cant the white clouds to be. Then I lightly blended a bit of Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink over the clouds and down to where the copy paper hill begins. 

Next, I secured the other part of the paper with the hill shape I had cut. I secured that over the blue sky down to where the hill will begin. I also secured a straight piece of paper over the bottom of the panel where I wanted to create a road for this little guy to drive on. I then blended Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink to make the hill. I colored the road using Prisma color pencils in Cool Grays.

After that, I stamped the Scooter riding bunny onto white cardstock using fade away ink. I used Prisma Color pencils to color him up, then die cut him out. The colors I used were:
    Scooter: Hot pink, Process Red, Pomegranate 
    Tires: all the cool grays, Black, White, Silver
    Steering wheel: 20%, 50%, 70% cool Gray
    Flowers: Lemon Yellow, Canary Yellow, Spanish Orange
    Leaves: Spring Green, Apple Green
    Basket: Seashell Pink, Eggshell
    Bunny: 10% Warm Gray, 20%, 30%, 50% and 70% French Gray
    Ears: Pink, Hot Pink
  
Next I created the interactive aspect of the card. Using a craft knife an ruler, I cut a line along the road from where the front tire will be to where I want the front tire to stop. 


I then cut a strip of white cardstock approximately .25" wide and longer than the slit I cut in the panel so that there would be extra extending past the panel itself. 

I cut a strip of acetate and adhered it to the white strip I created. Then, from the back I fed the strip through the slit so that the portion that was not connected was now laying on the front of the panel. I adhered the front tire of the scooter to the acetate strip. 

I figured out where on the card the bunny would be at rest then stamped the sentiment underneath so it wouldn't show until the bunny moved. I also stamped the word Pull onto my strip and trimmed the end.

I turned the panel over and added double sided foam tape all over the back. I used thin foam tape under the slide and a strip over the top to create a trough for the strip to slide through.

I removed all the foam tape backing and placed it onto a black A2 sized cardstock panel. Then I adhered that onto my A2 card base.

That completes this cute bunny who is on a flower delivering mission! Thanks for stopping by! Lauren. 

Here are the links to The Rabbit Hole Designs products I used for this card: 










     





No comments:

Post a Comment