Pages

Dashing through the NO!


Good morning my caffeinated critters!
Charmaine with CharCards "on the sleigh"!
 I like to make extravagant cards that take hours but decided that I need a quick card with a punch!
Well, here he is in all his Christmas glory!


This caffeinated reindeer stamp and metal die are available at the Rabbit Hole Design and Simon Says Stamp stores.




                                             Here is what I did:

1. I stamped a few reindeer on Neenah 110 lbs card stock and fed it through my Brother Scan N Cut. You can also use the metal die cut. I used Gina K Amalgam ink (Copic friendly) to stamp.




2. I used Copics to color this reindeer. Use a white Gelly pen for highlights and candy canes.





3. Using a 4 x 5 1/4 white card stock piece, I stamped the "dashing through the no" multiple times, 1/4 apart, with my Misti. I like using VersaFine Claire ink for sentiments! I made two different cards with a green variety.


4. Stamp the sentiment and cut with a metal sentiment die. To add some shine to the card, also cut a red piece from red mirror card stock. Assemble with double sided tape.





5. Attach a matching green card stock to the stamped base's back. This should be about an 1/8th bigger than the stamped base.


6. This is a  4 1/4 x 5 1/2 top folding card. Attach the sentiment with double sided tape and the reindeer with dimensional foam tape.
7. For the inside of the card, cut a piece of 60 or 80 lbs colored paper, 4 1/8 x 10 1/2. Fold at center, stamp sentiment and adhere with double sided tape.



8.  Match your envelope and you're done! I made 4 cards under two hours with distractions from my own village.


I hope you will give this a try! Clean and simple for the win! Leave me a comment or better yet, post your creation on our fan page!

Reindeer kisses,
Charmaine




5 comments:

  1. Love this! ....and I love this caffeinated line of stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The Caffeinated Reindeer is just adorable, and I love the fun sentiment repeated for your background! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I'm going to share this in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page.

    ReplyDelete