Pages

Glitzy Star Power!

Hi TRHD friends! Today is all about stencils! Today's card features the Splish Splash Stencil and the Intersection Stencil




I don't know about you guys and gals, but I really like to stretch my supplies. It's for this reason that I really LOVE stencils. They can be used in so many ways and the price point on them is so reasonable! 

For today's card I wanted to show you two different techniques to use your stencils and really get the most out of them. 


To start I took some heavyweight white card stock and placed the Splish Splash Stencil down on top of it. I used a scraper tool and applied some glitz glitter gel through the stencil to create that awesome design. I then die cut multiple stars from it (once it dried of course).

For the background panel I did a dry embossing technique with the Intersection stencil from the December Mini release. I used my manual platform die cutting machine and a rubber pad and essentially turned the stencil into an embossing folder of sorts. Look at the instructions for your particular embossing machine to see what the best embossing plates "sandwich" would be for your machine. 

I chose a sentiment that I felt fit it really well from the Turtle Botanical stamp set. I stamped it on some card stock and cut it into a sentiment strip. I assembled all the pieces onto an A2 size card base. I used foam tape to pop up the pieces and give it more dimension and interest. That's it guys, easy peasy lemon squeezy! 




I hope that you enjoyed today's card and that you are positively beaming with new ideas on how to use your stencils! Be sure to check out all the  fabulous products that The Rabbit Hole Designs carries. You can follow this link HERE to see their whole product line. 






Thanks for stopping by!
If you want to check out additional information on the products that I used to create this card you can visit my blog at amyswares.com 

-Amy


For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places.


No comments:

Post a Comment