Pages

Shabby Chic

 


I love it when flowers bloom in unexpected places. I created this card with that in mind. I combined the flowers from the Botanical Turtle and the leaves from Pretty in Peony with the Intersection stencil.

I started by creating my background. I wanted an imperfect, kind of shabby look to it. I inked up my stencil with versamark ink, then I placed it on a piece of computer paper and laid my white A2 sized cardstock panel (after using my antistatic tool on it) on top and applied pressure all over the panel. Then I removed the panel and applied black embossing powder over top. I used a paint brush to clean up any areas where I didn't want powder. Then heat set it. You can watch the video below to see my process.


Next I stamped the flower, leaves and turtle onto white cardstock. I colored them using Prismacolor pencils then fussy cut them all out. The colors I used were:
Flowers: Mulberry, Process Red, Pink, White
Leaves: Spring Green, Apple Green, Prussian Green

I arranged the cut outs onto the embossed panel then adhered them down using liquid glue. After they where set, I backed the panel with black cardstock and adhered it to an A2 card base.

Then onto black cardstock, I stamped the sentiment from the Flamingo Botanical set using my versamark ink pad. I sprinkled white embossing powder over it then heat set the powder. After trimming the sentiment, I adhered it to the card front.

I think this is a fun way to get a different look out of the stencil and I love how the card turned out with the flowers added.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day. Lauren.




1 comment:

  1. This card is just stunning! I really love the way you created the background.

    ReplyDelete