Pages

Let it Snow!

 

Hello everyone! It's Lauren on the blog today with a different way to use the Candy Twist Die. I happened upon this design by accident while I was die cutting a bunch of candy twists for a different card. I was putting them in a pile and I noticed as a few of them overlapped that it resembled a snowflake. Aha! A new card idea was in the works!

I started out by ink blending distress oxide inks onto an white 4.25x5.5" panel. I used mermaid lagoon blueprint sketch and chipped sapphire. I then lightly spritzed it with water and set it aside to dry and set. 

Next, I die cut 3 candy twists and also some other snowflakes from dies I dad in my stash. I glued the centers of the twists on top of each other, rotating them each layer so that the outside candies are side by side. 




When the ink blended was fully dry, I placed the Ribbon Star stencil over top and smooshed white ink through the stencil. I carefully removed the stencil and added some bright white dots all over using a white gel pen. Then I adhered the panel to an A2 sized card base.

I die cut a stitched banner out of white cardstock and stamped the "let it snow" sentiment that I had in my stash in mermaid lagoon distress oxide ink.

The last step was to glue all my snowflakes and the sentiment onto the card front. 

I hope you enjoy this different way to use the candy twist die and try experimenting with it yourself! You never know what you will come up with. Thanks for visiting! Lauren

Candy Twist Die


Ribbon Star Stencil



For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these fantastic places! 




No comments:

Post a Comment