Pages

Brain Freeze!

Hello crafty friends!  Welcome to The Rabbit Hole Design blog.  Who needs some ice cream?  I do as it has been in the 90s in Illinois over the last week.  I was inspired by the Scooped 3 Layers stencil.  I was trying different way of layering the 3 stencils.   
I chose three Distress Oxide inks - Ground Expresso, Salvaged Patina, Kitsch Flamingo - to stencil with.  These colors remind me of Spumoni. I colored the full ice cream cone and then shifted the stencil slightly covering a portion of the first pattern for an overlap.  I used the three colors to stencil the second layer, creating the dancing ice cream cones.  I used this for the card background.
I took the Caffeinated Meerkat stamp set and stamped him on to a piece of coloring cardstock in black ink. I stamped the ice cream cone from the Taste Like Summer stamps set in brown ink.  I drew a tongue on the meerkat and colored him with alcohol markers, I colored the ice cream with alcohol markers.  I fussy cut the ice cream cone and then the meerkat, making sure to cut around the arm holding the coffee cup.  This allows me to fit the ice cream cone behind his arm so it seams he is holding and licking the ice cream.  The sentiment is from the Taste like Summer stamp set and stamped on kraft cardstock.  I also cut an oval from cardstock to place behind the ice cream loving meerkat.

 Here are The Rabbit HoleDesigns products used in this card:

Caffeinated Meerkat stamp set

Taste Like Summer stamps set

Scoop 3 Layers stencil



I hope you enjoyed this Brain Freeze card featuring the Caffeinated Meerkat and Taste Like Summer stamp sets ad also using the Scoop 3 Layers stencil. 

 

 

Be Creative ~ Stay Inspired

Jenn Gross

 

Follow me, Journey Coach Jenn, on 

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/journeycoachjenn/

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/c/JourneyCoachJenn

Blog - http://www.journeycoachjenn.com/

 

 

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places

 

The Rabbit Hole Designs

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube




No comments:

Post a Comment