Pages

Rainbow of Butterflies

 


Hello friends, Lauren here today sharing this rainbow of butterflies using the new Butterfly stencil. This small stencil is so versatile! I used it to create a repeating pattern of butterflies flying up my slimline card.

This was quite simple to do. I started with a white slimline sized cardstock panel. I placed the stencil on the bottom and then ink blended Candied Apple and Ripe Persimmon Distressed oxide inks. 



Then, after cleaning my stencil, I positioned it above yet slightly overlapping my previous butterfly. I ink blended Squeezed Lemonade and Mowed Lawn D.O. inks over it making sure not to blend over the orange of my first butterfly.



Again, after cleaning my stencil, I positioned it above and overlapping again my previous butterfly. This time I blended Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet D.O. 



For my sentiments, I grabbed some of my other Rabbit Hole Designs stamp sets and stamped out the words you, are and beautiful onto white cardstock. I trimmed them down, mounted them onto black cardstock and adhered them onto the butterfly panel. 

Next, I trimmed the panel down using a scalloped slimline die from my stash. I added a black slimline cardstock panel to my slimline card base then adhered the rainbow of butterflies panel to the card base.

To finish off the card, I adhered some clear acrylic bubbles from my stash.

I am so happy with how quick and easy this pretty card came together. I hope this inspires you to try this technique out! Thanks for visiting!

For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these awesome places! 

The Rabbit Hole Designs 

The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram

The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Fan Page

The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest

The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube


Here's the link to the Butterfly stencil: 

Butterfly - 3x4 Stencil – The Rabbit Hole Designs



No comments:

Post a Comment